I know I have a thing for islands, don’t I? Well, this time, it’s a European destination, close-by, still a tiny heaven simply breathtaking and ultra glamorous. No wonder this is where celebrities love to spend their vacations.
Accessible by ferry from Naples, Capri is a hi-luxury destination, where you can enjoy the Italian “la dolce vita” at its best. Capri is a paradise for fashionistas, a perfect getaway for celebrities that hide in 5star private villas high on Capri’s hills. The place is full of hi-fashion boutiques from Gucci, Fendi to Prada or Ferragamo, spas, perfumeries and restaurants.
If you are lucky to spend a few days in Capri as I did, you will must certainly feel blessed and luxuriously pampered:)
If you’re just visiting for a day, here are top must -do things in Capri.
1. Enjoy a drink in central Piazzetta dominated by the Clock Tower. This place is always full of tourists, the most crowded of all Capri. Take the time and sip a Bellini or Aperol Spritz while admiring the elegant Italians:)
2. Just walk around
Even if you are in Capri for a few hours, just go for a walk. Its’ the best way to enjoy the island and feel the italian charm. Grab a pair of comfy sandals ( yeah, Gucci would be perfect:) and discover the hidden walkways, the Roman villas shaded by bougainvilleas, the glam window shops, the perfumeries and the lemon juice or ice-cream.
3. Visit Villa San Michelle in AnaCapri and enjoy the magnificent view from the clift. The villa belonged to Axel Munthe and it is still very much surrounded by legends. The panoramic view is unbelievable. Must do !
4. My favourites place: Monte Solaro. It is the highest point on the island, accessible only by chairlift ( quite scary, I admit:). I have seen this image imprinted on every book about Capri and I wanted to much to go there. The trip was quite an adventure, but the scenery is by far the most spectacular Capri can offer. Ave!
5. Under the Capri sun: Relax on the beach in the shades of the famous Faraglioni and take a dip in the brilliant blue Mediterranean Sea. My favourites, the private beach clubs from Marina Piccola. Check out Da Luigi and La Fontelina. It says this is the place where Ullisses was seduced by sirens. No doubt about it:)
6. Must enjoy a long walk along the so famous Via Krupp. It is breathtaking and even more spectacular in real life. One of the best panoramic roads I have ever experienced .
7. And if you got this far, by strolling around Via Krupp, you will reach the Augustus Gardens, high on the hills. I know, I have used a lot of “spectacular” in this post, but what can I say… The Augustus Gardens are indeed spectacular, with magical panoramically views.
8. The days tend to be long in Capri, enjoy the walk, the blue waters and of course ….the sunset!